I remember when I was young and in girl scouts we made flubber. The movie FlubberPIN IT! had just come out recently so it was a fun craft to go along side of it. We had to work together to gather all of the ingredients and mix it correctly to create our very own. If we didn’t listen and follow directions then the flubber would just be goo that you couldn’t do anything with. I thought about trying to find the recipe for flubber so my boys could make it but I didn’t have any luck. That’s when Cloud Dough was created.
I’m sure you’re thinking in your head right now, what in the world is cloud dough? Cloud dough is essentially the softest play doh you can get your hands on. Though its a little messy, it’s an easy craftPIN IT! for you and your littles to make. The best part is that it’s incredibly cheap to make a ton of it. You can customize it with colors, glitters, scents, anything you want! Once you’re finished you can just throw it in a zip lock bag for later play or toss it and make more later.
PIN IT!My 2-year old required some help but both boys absolutely loved making cloud dough. They each got to measure out the ingredients into the bowl and mix them until just right. Their favorite part, of course, was choosing how to customize their own cloud dough. They took turns smelling all the scents we picked up and choosing the glitters they wanted to incorporate. When they were finished they had their own unique dough to play with.
3 Ingredient Cloud Dough Recipe
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons hair conditioner
- 1 bowl
- 1 spoon
- 1-5 bottles of glitter
- 1 zip lock bag
- In a small bowl, dump your 4 tablespoons of flour in.
- Next add your two tablespoons of hair conditioner on top of the flour.
- Carefully mix ingredients by circling a spoon around the edge of the bowl and dumping ingredients back into the center until well mixed.
- Once mixed, flatten and fold mixture with spoon until almost a dough consistency.
- Pull out of bowl and knead with hands until soft and fluffy like a cloud.
- Add all the glitter you want!