Every year around March McDonald’s rolls out its evergreen Shamrock Shake, which is a beloved treat for mint lovers around the country. From its festive name to its whipped topping, Shamrock Shake lovers can’t get enough, or can they?
This year for the first time ever, McDonald’s has upped the ante by adding chocolate flavor to their Shamrock Shakes. That’s right folks, mint chocolaty deliciousness in five different varieties are now on the menu! You will have a tough time choosing which decadently delicious beverage to choose from but here’s the low down on what they are offering.
- The Original Shamrock Shake features vanilla soft serve ice cream, mint syrup, whipped topping, a cherry, and if you’re lucky, green sprinkles on top.
- The Chocolate Shamrock Shake consists of all the same ingredients of the original shamrock shake on top and a chocolate flavor shake on bottom. (Pro Tip! Mix the Shamrock Chocolate Shake with a spoon for the flavors to blend faster! Or use a regular straw to enjoy one flavor at a time.)
- The Shamrock Chocolate Chip Frappé is a mocha frappe with the same delicious twist of green sprinkles, whipped topping, and an added drizzle of chocolate syrup. Good Morning!
- The Shamrock Hot Chocolate doesn’t fall far from the tree either. It’s a blend of milk, chocolaty syrup, and that special mint syrup touch.
- The Shamrock Mocha kicks it up a notch by blending the Shamrock Hot Chocolate with a shot of espresso to get your day started right!
PIN IT!The best part of having all of these options is that it works for everyone across the country. From those freezing in the Northeast to those of us in shorts, here in the Southwest. Everyone has a hot or cold option of Shamrock Season to enjoy!
Need another reason to swipe up a Shamrock Shake?
Giving week is March 11-17th during #ShamrockSeason. What’s so special about that? Well McDonald’s will donate 25¢ of every purchase of a Shamrock Chocolate Madness beverage to Ronald McDonald House Charities®. As someone who works in healthcare and has a Ronald McDonald House next to the hospital, this is a cause that’s very near and dear to my heart. Many families come into the hospital from out of state and have no where to stay once they arrive. Having programs like the House or Ronald McDonald Family room make a big difference in recovery for little ones. This is a simple gesture that can go a long way.
Want one MORE reason?
Go download the McDonald’s app to your phone right now! Why? For every 5 Shamrock Shakes you purchase using the app, you will get a free shake! Yes, you read that right! Not only are you supporting the Ronald McDonald House Charities®, you’re also helping yourself to a free treat. It’s a win win!
Free McCafe beverage offer Valid until 12/31/2017 at participating U.S. McDonald’s. McD App download and registration required. Shamrock Chocolate Madness drinks available for a limited time at participating McDonald’s.