As a mother, you may sometimes forget to take care of yourself, what with having to keep to a hectic schedule day after day. Taking care of your husband and the kids as well as attending to important household matters can sometimes take a toll on your “me time.”
When you’ve found yourself donning sweatpants and putting your hair up in a ponytail more and more often just because you’re “too busy” and you have a lot to do, it may be time to reconsider how you’re treating yourself. Before you can take care of other people, you need to take care of yourself. The following are some tips to help you look your best no matter how busy you might be:
- If you find yourself pressed for time in the morning to even take a quick shower, a better habit is to take a bath at night instead. You can go beyond a simple shower and indulge in a luxurious bubble bath complete with soothing music and scented candles. Not only do you get to relax after a particularly tiring day, but you also wake up clean in the morning.
- Learning how to apply makeup while on the move or in a moving car is a beauty technique that most moms probably have tried. If you’re one of them, make sure you keep a tube of lip gloss and perfume in your car’s center console. The gloss can also serve as cheek tint, and applying perfume on your wrists and behind your ears will give you an instant lift in the middle of the day when you have a tendency to look and feel a bit haggard.
- Switch your loose sweatpants for something that’s more flattering to your curves: yoga pants. Aside from being super comfortable to wear, yoga pants can also give your booty an instant lift. What an advantage, right?
- It may be time to embrace having short hair. As a mom, you won’t have the luxury of time to style your hair as much and as often as you did before. For instance, when you were still a single lady, you maybe took up to an hour or so for blow-drying and styling your hair and doing your makeup. Now that you’re a parent, you have a family that will demand your attention, and you will no longer have that hour you once had for your beauty routines. If you still insist on having long hair, you can maintain the look with hair extensions from Human Hair Extension Online. Extensions can help you look gorgeous without taking up a lot of time and effort.
- For most moms, wet wipes are a treasure. You may use it yourself in yourself to clean up kitchen messes and wipe dirt and crumbs off your children’s faces. It can also double as an instant makeup remover for those nights when you’re simply too tired to go through your entire nightly beauty routine of washing, toning, and moisturizing your face. A wet wipe can instantly remove all traces of makeup, dirt, and pollution on your face so you won’t wake up with a zit in the middle of your chin in the morning.
- If you want to glam up your look but don’t have the time or energy to go through the whole works, a simple lipstick can do the trick. Just a few swipes of a bright red or coral lipstick on your lips will brighten up your whole face.
There’s no reason why raising kids and managing a household should keep you from pampering and taking care of yourself at the same time. While being a mother is ultimately more important than your everyday beauty routines, these useful tips help to make your life as a parent even more enjoyable and less stressful.