Sand, pool chemicals, sunscreen and even the sun itself can cause red or irritated eyes, or worse. So while you’re laying at the beach, hanging by the pool or enjoying a BBQ with friends, here are five ways you can easily protect your eyes this summer:
1) Sport a Pair of Stylish Sunnies: Wearing sunglasses is one of the best ways to protect your eyes from painful sunburns (yes, your eyes can get burned) and also help slow down cataracts (June is actually Cataract Awareness Month). Make sure the sunglasses have 100% UV protection. Bigger frames are also the way to go – not only do they protect your eyes better but they protect the skin around them, as well. If you totally dig my sunnies, check out the ilymix collection. If you use the code “wildish20” you’ll get 20% off!
2) Top It off with a Hat: Wearing a hat adds another barrier between you and the sun’s UV rays. If you can, go for wide brimmed hats to give you even extra coverage — you’ll shield your eyes from the sun while looking trendy and stylish, too!
3) Wear Goggles: Goggles will help keep swimming pool chemicals and bacteria from oceans, rivers and lakes from getting in your eyes. Wearing googles will help keep these contaminants out to ensure your eyes don’t become red, irritated or infected.
4) Try Waterproof Mascara: Ever jump in the water and forget you have mascara on? While it may not look so pretty, your eyes are actually suffering the most — the chemicals from the mascara can burn, irritate and even harm your eyes. Switch up your summer beauty routine to include waterproof mascara so you don’t have to worry the next time you go for a dip.
5) Use a Preservative Free Eye Drop: Despite your best efforts, your eyes will inevitably get red, irritate, itchy, dry, gritty and watery this summer so you should use a daily eye drop to alleviate these symptoms. Clear Eyes just introduced Pure Relief – the first-ever preservative free eye drop in a multi-dose bottle available (in Dry Eyes and Multi-Symptom formula