Now that we are moving into November, its finally starting to cool off here in Arizona. Cool early morning runs and workouts will feel like a breeze. Since I normally try to drink my protein first thing in the morning, a cold drink is the last thing I want in chilly weather. After resisting the urge to hit up Starbucks for a nice, warm hot chocolate, I decided to come up with a healthy protein version.
It took my quite a few trial and errors to make the perfect mixture. Every time I did a taste test I realized something was off then I remembered! Vanilla! All hot chocolate needs a hint of vanilla so instead of using chocolate protein I used the new Everlast Vegan Protein Powder. If you haven’t tried it yet, you have to! Since its a plant based protein its much easier for your body to digest than whey protein and offers the same amount of protein at a whooping 22 grams a serving. You don’t have to worry about a terrible plant taste either since Everlast only uses the highest grade blend of yellow pea, rice and hemp proteins. Also, if you’re interested in trying some, use my code SOIWILLRUN to get 5% off and receive a FREE box of FUEL with your purchase of Everlast Vegan Protein.
Now back to the tasty details! This recipe calls for ingredients that are most likely in your pantry but if not you can find them at most grocery stores. Follow the recipe below for 1 serving and let me know what you think!
- ⅛ cup dark chocolate, chopped (can be vegan or diary)
- 6 ounces almond milk
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 6 almonds
- 1tsp chia seeds
- 1 ounce cold water
- 1 scoop Everlast Vegan Protein Powder
- Combine the dark chocolate and almond milk in a bowl and microwave until the chocolate has melted. I usually microwave 30 seconds at a time.
- Add the oats, yogurt, almonds, chia seeds, protein powder, the water and ¼ of the almond milk mixture to your blender.
- Blend on high for one minute until the oats and chia seeds have been completely mixed in well then add the remaining almond milk.
- Pulse blend lightly to mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour and serve.