When I think back on my childhood dinners, I remember my step mother always cooking with her recipe book at her side. For our family of eight, she had to make huge batches of food to fill all of our hungry bellies and making dishes from scratch was her specialty. Since her passing from breast cancer in 2011, I’ve unsuccessfully tried to recreate those memorable dishes until now.
The new Ragu Homestyle sauce is full of tasty tradition. The lack of artificial flavors, artificial colors, and definitely no high fructose corn syrup mixed with their bold new flavors, really hits home for me. The sauce is so thick that it hugs the pasta and tastes just like my step mother use to make. Ragu didn’t take any short cuts with creating this sauce and it really makes me remember my childhood days of eating dinner as a family together.
Keeping on with tradition, it was only natural that I created a recipe that gave that homestyle vibe but more suited to my little family’s taste buds. After playing around in the kitchen for a couple of hours with the my new favorite Ragu Homestyle pasta sauce, my super cheesy taco pasta was born.
If you’re interested in checking out the new Ragu Homestyle sauce for yourself, Target is the largest retailer carrying it currently with Walmart not too far behind. Feel free to check out more Ragu recipes here to inspire you to create your own family traditions. Otherwise my Super Cheesy Taco Pasta recipe is below!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 jar Ragu Homestyle Thick & Harty Four Cheese Sauce
- 1 bussel cilantro
- 4 oz bowtie pasta
- 4 oz can green chiles
- 1½ cup mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- sour cream and olives to garnish
- Cook bowtie pasta al dente or to preferred softness.
- While pasta is boiling brown the ground turkey until fully cooked with no pink.
- Add all seasonings to the meat and add water as needed to keep meat moist.
- Drain pasta and set to the side.
- Add green chiles and Ragu Homestyle sauce to the turkey mixture and mix well.
- Dump all of the meat sauce into the pasta pot and mix well until pasta is coated evenly.
- Add in your cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Serve and garnish as preferred.