Its amazing how I wrote this post over 6 years ago and it makes people FURIOUS to read what I wrote. Back then I was very strong willed in my opinion of lazy dog owners and though I still feel the same, I have decided I will be updating this post and offer more options and opinions on the matter. Please stay tuned!
People know that I’m an animal lover and dogs have a special place in my heart. If you ever want to know anything, I’m always happy to answer with any knowledge that I know. Sometimes though, you just have to find a new home for your dog. If you’re riding the fence wondering what a good reason is to get rid of your dog is then have no fear! I’ve compiled a list of 10 reasons why you should get rid of your dog.
Why You Should Get Rid of Your Dog
1-4. Is your dog just out of control and doesn’t know how to behave? Does he jump on you, visitors, or your beloved vehicle? Does he nip or play too hard? Not potty trained? Well, the answer is to get rid of your dog because why would you want to be a responsible dog owner and TRAIN YOUR DOG? *insert eye roll* Do children come out of the womb and know how to behave? Hell no. They have to be taught what is and isn’t okay so why would you think an animal with a smaller intelligence would be smarter than that? You have to teach your dog that you are the pack leader and show him how to behave quickly. If your dog is doing anything from numbers 1-4 then the problem is you. Take some time out of your day to train your dog or take him to classes to be trained. You signed up to take care of him for 10+ years so you need to make time for him and teach him how to behave.
5. You found THE PERFECT place to move to but the only catch is they don’t let you have pets. Oh well, guess you have to give your dog up. NOT. Stop being a shitty person and look for a different place. When we moved into our current house we had to look for months to find a pet-friendly house. We gave up our ideal locations and settled for a place $200 over our goal rent price so that we could have pets.
6. Now that you have a real baby the fur baby has to go…really? Just really? Most pets LOVE babies and kids and if they don’t then you probably didn’t socialize them correctly. Not to mention the fact that babies raised with dogs are generally healthier. If your dog has jealousy issues then work with them to understand what’s going on. Show them that the family dynamic has changed.
7. Bahaha! I’m sorry, did I just laugh? Are you really going to get rid of your dog because a new beau has an allergy?
8. So you feed your dog table food and don’t understand why he won’t leave you alone? Yeah, that makes sense. There are so many foods that are toxic to dogs that will do way more harm than good.
9. I get it, I get it. You only want to be there for your dog through the good times, not the bad times. Who wants to pay all of that money just to health or euthanize a dog when they can sit in pain and you can keep that extra dough in your pocket? Or better yet you can leave them at a shelter to be euthanized all alone in fear.
10. Clearly, when it comes to choosing between your old dog who’s well old and your new puppy the choice is obvious. Why would you want an old “ugly dog” when you can have a cute new puppy?!
Hopefully, this list has left you with clarification on just 10 of the reasons why you should get rid of your dog but if not, feel free to ask for more reasons. I’d be happy to help!