“This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pure Farmland™. The opinions and text are all mine.”
Fall has always been about home cooked, warm meals in our house. Gobbling up chili and grilling burgers are what many look forward to as the temperatures drop. The down side to all of those red meat entrees is that it can be heavy on your tummy. This is why this year, we are going flexitarian for fall.
What is a Flexitarian?
Flexitarianism is quite simple. It is for those who eat meat but make the decision to cut back on how much they consume. For example, meatless Monday. I already shy away from most red meats, but I definitely like to be more conscious of my choices when I can. Going flexitarian for fall is a great way to combat heavy meals while consuming less meat overall.
With plant-based meat substitutes becoming more available on the market, switching over is convenient and easy. Many think plant-based means that it tastes like plants but I’m here to tell you it definitely doesn’t!
Pure Farmland believes in minimizing our impact on the Earth. They try their best to be as environmentally friendly as they can,which is always a win in my book. Two ways they are currently doing this is by partnering with American Farmland Trust to permanently protect farmlands and by using trays made with 50% recycled material. Can you imagine how much Styrofoam is used currently for meat?!
Pure Farmland makes a variety of plant-based meat alternativesthat are perfect for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They taste great and you can feel good about serving them! Some of my favorites are their burger patties and breakfast patties. I opted for giving their burger patties a try and putting a fall spin on them. It was DELICIOUS.
I also purchased the Pure Farmland Maple Breakfast Patties and used them for breakfast! They’re absolutely delicious in the morning with some eggs and fresh fruit!
Quick Tip! I found Pure Farmland plant-based products at my local WinCo in the meat section. If you’re interested in a coupon, Now through – 12/31/19 you can save $2.00 on any ONE Pure Farmland Plant-Based item at your local WinCo by going here.
Think of warm French onion soup and a burger colliding to create a French onion soup burger that is perfect for fall. The ingredients are few, and when you have a delicious Pure Farmland Simply Seasoned Burger Patties to begin with, you’re already off to a great start.
Next, we will add in perfectly caramelized onions and top it with Swiss cheese to create a delicious fall inspired burger. Going flexitarian for fall doesn’t sound too bad now, does it?
1 package of 4 Pure Farmland Simply Seasoned Burger Patties
1 packet of French onion soup mix
1 large onion
1 Tablespoon of butter (or oil of your choice)
¼ teaspoon of thyme
½ cup of water
1 package of Swiss cheese
4 onion burger buns
- Sprinkle your burger patties with the French onion soup mix and set aside. From here, you have a few options for cooking your patties. You can cook your burgers in an air fryer for 14 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, cook them in a pan on medium-high heat for 3 minutes each side, or you can cook them on the grill. Any option works!
- While the burgers are cooking, peel and cut half of the onion into long slivers.
- Add butter to a skillet and put on medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the onions, thyme, and water. (Optional: you can cook and caramelize mushrooms at the same time if you’d like!)
- Cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the onions are tender and the water has evaporated and set aside.
- Butter buns slightly and place in the oven on broil for 1-3 minutes until they are slightly toasted. Be sure to keep an eye on your buns as they are broiling. Bread goes from edible to burnt within seconds. If you see them turning brown you will need to pull them out asap, so they don’t burn!
- Remove burgers and place each patty on a bun. Top with cheese and a spoonful of caramelized onions.
Have you thought about trying out being a flexitarian and adding in more plant-based meals into your diet? Let me know if you purchase any of the products from Pure Farmland! They’re the perfect plant-based alternative, whether you want to eat more plant-based proteins or just a little less meat. Leave a comment with your favorite plant-based fall meal!