Look out Arizona! There’s a new grocer in town! Last month a PR representative for Natural Grocers reached out to me about the checking out the newly opened store in Chandler, AZ. Having a bit of an all natural, organic, non-GMO obsession, I was definitely going to go see what they had to offer.
When I arrived I headed to a kitchen that they have in the front of the store which was really cool. From there we went through a short presentation about Natural Grocers where I honestly learned a lot about their company. Their process of selection on foods is fantastic and unlike any other stores that I know but I’ll stop there before I geek out about their policies and their mission which I am so in love with.
After the presentation and getting to taste some of the awesome food their store had to offer, I wandered around to check out what they had to offer. Since I learned that ALL of their produce section was non-GMO as well as organic I had to scope it out and see where their pricing fell. Honestly, I couldn’t believe it. They had apples and grapes and all kinds of veggies at a comparable price to Fry’s! That means you could walk right in, get what you need from the produce section and head out without making sure what you grabbed was organic because its all organic.
From here it was only fitting that a store formerly known as the Vitamin Cottage, had a large supplement section as well. Since we are pretty stocked on supplements and vitamins I decide to just browse by but they had a ton to offer. They even had quite a bit of homeopathic remedies that were significantly lower priced than what I find at Whole Foods.
Next up I had to see if they carried my favorite protein bars, Perfect Bars. I’m seriously addicted and to my luck they did! They were even on sale for $2 a bar! I was stoked if you can’t tell so it was only natural that I stocked up on as many as possibly without getting too many questionable looks.
- They enforce strict meat and dairy standards (pasture-based) for the products that they carry which involves cattle being naturally raised humanly with no hormones, antibiotics, and no animal by-products in their feed.
- ALL produce is 100% USDA certified organic produce.
- They are committed to real ingredients and whole food.
- You will not find any of these banned items in their stores: petroleum, trans-fat, MSG, parabens, artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, talc, phthalates, and hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils.
- They have a flexible open & closing time frame. That means if you are rushing to get there before they “close” you’re probably safe as they will not rush you out when they’re ready to go.
Honestly I don’t think I’ve ever fallen more in love with a grocer than I have with Natural Grocers. Every product I have bought has been fresh and I’ve had no quality concerns like I have experienced with Trader Joes. Natural Grocers has won me over and there’s no going back! Also, for anyone who’s in the Gilbert area, Natural Grocers has been sending out flyers for free products to get you in the door. So far I’ve seen free vitamins, reusable grocery bags, $10 off any purchase coupons, free almonds, and more!