I am not a huge spaghetti fan. I don’t know if its the marinara, the pasta, or what but its always a last resort for me. While hunting for healthier meals to try out I stumbled upon a spicy spaghetti recipe. I tried it and didn’t love but I still liked the idea of it. After playing with the recipe a bit and adding my own ingredients, I’ve struck protein gold.
This spicy chicken spaghetti brings a whole new outtake on spaghetti for me. Instead of your tradition meat sauce with pork or beef, I opted for chicken. Chicken gives you all the lean protein with a nice spicy kick. The sauce is key to the spice level you want to incorporate into your pasta. If you want more spice, add more chili powder or maybe throw in some cayenne.
Once your sauce is perfected just dump, serve, and eat. Enjoy!
- 9 oz Barilla Protein Thin Spaghetti
- 1 jar Marinara
- 2 Chicken Breasts diced
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion(or 1 tbsp onion powder)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp flour
- Put water in the pot and bring to a boil for the pasta.
- While the water is heating up, prep your chicken by cutting into bite sized pieces.
- Throw pasta in the boiling water and cook al dente.
- In a skillet, heat oil then add onions until golden. If you aren’t using actual onions then skip this step.
- Add chicken to the skillet with onions or add your onion powder now and cook through.
- Once the chicken is no longer pink, add the flour, chili powder, and marinara sauce.
- Mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once the simmer is complete, toss altogether with the pasta and enjoy!